• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.2.0 uses all the system memory.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the installation of version 22.2.0, Photoshop uses 100% of the system memory without any open file.   Turning on (or off) the 'preset syncing' and press OK results in the message 'Preset syncing is in progress. Once syncing has completed Photoshop will quit'. When pressing OK, Photoshop wil freeze and only a

forced stop is possible.  Bug? 

My system: 27" iMac 5k (2017) MacOs Big Sur 11.2.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today i updated Photoshop to version 22.3 (MacOs). The 'Preset Syncing'/memory issue is still there and not resolved.

I placed the PSUserConfig.txt back and now i can use PS 22.3.  Adobe, fix this, not really professional this 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here and no possibility to deactivate preset syncing.

- MacPro 2019 with Catalina

- MacBookPro 2017 with Mojave

Only way is using older version. Deinstall and reinstall did not help, sync is activated. Any solution for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manuela,

For MacOs, try this:

• Close Photoshop
  • Create a text file an save this as PSUserConfig.txt
  • Add PresetSync 0 to PSUserConfig.txt and save this. 
  • Add PSUserConfig.txt to the Photoshop Settings folder.
  • Where to find the Settings folder? Open the finder and go by the menu to go/go to folder and type:  ~/library/Preferences/
  • There you will see the folder Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings.
  • Open the Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings folder and place there the PSUserConfig.txt file.
  • It the PSUserConfig.txt already exists, copy that file to a safe place, then place the new. The PSUserConfig.txt file with the PresetSync 0 rule, will force preset sync OFF.
  • Restart Photoshop. After restarting Photoshop, it should be possible to work with Ps 22.2 and Ps 22.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, that worked!!!

I tried again without that txt file, but then sync is acticated again. So I put the file into the folder again and everything is fine. Seems that it is a bug and needs an update to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to 23.0.1 and this error is still bugging. Fixed it again with the "PSUserConfig.txt" workaround.

Shame Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines