• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.2 crashes (freezes) the computer (BSOD)

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest (22.2) version of Photoshop causes BSOD on (Photoshop) startup or locks the computer with black screen with no reaction on any input after few seconds of working. A second before the freeze there are unusual colorful patterns on the screen, indicating problems with graphics card.
No problem with earlier versions of Photoshop or any other software.
Win10 64bit, Lenovo Thinkpad T470p, Intel HD Graphics 630, updated system and drivers. The machine is a workhorse, works perfect with other software, including Adobe apps and earlier versions of Photoshop.

I enclose the system info, but from the working 22.1.1 version.

Regards,

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In modern operating systems, applications cannot cause BSODs. Only drivers and/or failing hardware can do that. Applications can crash or freeze, but not BSOD.

The GPU requirements increased in the latest PS version, and a GPU that used to work may not satisfy the current requirements. In any case, get the latest updated driver from Intel (not Lenovo).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have updated the drivers to the latest from Intel (27.20.100.9316 (3/3/2021)). If someone has the problem updating OEM drivers I refer to:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T-series-Laptops/Lenovo-T470p-and-Intel-HD...

Updating drivers didn't help. The two latest versions of Adobe Photoshop (22.3, 22.2) freeze or hang after few seconds after the program launch (it doesn't help when I switch off "Use graphics processor" in "Performance" options). The only version, which works is 22.1.1 (and probably older ones). The same applies to: latest Intel driver (27.20.100.9316), latest Lenovo driver (27.20.100.8854) and "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter".

So, is it a bug in Adobe Software (or all drivers) or Intel HD 630 is too old for latest Photoshop? The second option sounds ridiculous. OK, I don't expect rocket speed from this GPU, but it works quite good (in PS 22.1.1) and making newest Photoshop not working at all on relatively new ThinkPad (still on warranty) is not a good move.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines