Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.2 graphics problem

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not acceptable!

"Oh, your cars engine wont, run because we changed the formula of our petrol.

No problem. Just buy a new car ..."

I have paid to keep Photoshop running for a year, and suddenly my system grinds to a halt.

No warning, no suggestions from Adobe, no possibility to chat with technical staff. No nothing!

I spent two work days thinking my PC was infected with virus or had other problems.

Then it occurred to me that it might be the latest Photoshop upgrade (automatic) that caused the problem.

After quite a lot of Internet search I found out that I could downgrade to 22.1.

Problem solved! BUT:

This is not just unprofessional behaviour on Adobes side, it's unashamed and rude.

Competitors to Photoshop must be happy, because a dissatisfied customer may just find another kid to play with. And there ARE othe capable kids.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU requirements increased in version 22. A card that used to work may no longer be up to it, and the increased requirements may also expose latent driver bugs.

Buggy video drivers has been the curse of Photoshop ever since computer games were invented. That's where the GPU manufacturers' priorities are. Go to the GPU manufacturer's site and update the driver. If Nvidia, make sure to use the "studio" driver, not the "game ready" driver. When you install it, check "clean install", and install only the basic driver. Deselect all the extra components.

FWIW, I haven't had a GPU problem in Photoshop for as long as I can remember (Nvidia Quadro), it works perfectly, instantly and reliably. There is one currently open Lightroom bug that causes excessive VRAM usage, and that in turn can spill over with minimal symptoms in Photoshop. That can be bypassed by unchecking "use GPU for image processing" in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read your post twice but you have not described :

1. What symptoms are you actually getting. Is there an error message. If so exactly what does it say.
  2. What GPU are you using and what driver (exact version number)
  3. Does your system have more than one GPU installed - for example graphics integrated into the CPU and motherboard as well as a separate dedicated GPU.
  4. What exactly are you doing in Photoshop when the problem occurs.

Without these things it is impossible to offer anything but generic advice.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Sven Korsgaard wrote:

Then it occurred to me that it might be the latest Photoshop upgrade (automatic) that caused the problem.

After quite a lot of Internet search I found out that I could downgrade to 22.1.

Problem solved!

You can turn off automatic upgrades in the Creative Cloud app. When you do a manual upgrade there is a checkbox to keep the previous version, which is a good idea until you know that the new one is stable and also that it will work on your system, as system requirements might change with a new version.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines