Photoshop 22.2 launching slowly compared to older versions - Windows 10

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since loading the latest update I have to wait nearly 1 minute for Photoshop to load the home screen. While it does this it locks out any other app switching unless I show desktop (Windows 10 Pro running 24Gb RAM). After a long and helpful support session no remedy found. I have rolled back to the previous version and now we are back to loading in 15.4 seconds.

Hopefully this will be sorted for the next update.

{Thread title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about Photoshop 22.0 loading slowly on the computer. Would you mind sharing the text from Photoshop's Help > System Info dialog here? It would be helpful for us to analyze that information.

Also, please try some optimizations steps mentioned here and let us know if it helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Regards,
Sahil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 2021 machine requirements have been updated. It most likely an issue with youre OS, Hardware, Devices, and device drivers. Its a new world.

JJMack

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workstation is only 1.5 years old - HP Probook Windows 10 Pro and 24Gb RAM running the whole suite including Premiere and AfterEffects perfectly. Surely Photoshop isn't as taxing and should be a simple update?

Anyway - I'll stay on the previous version until I understand exactly what hardware/driver to update before I head down the long and winding road of updates. ($$$) Mind you, the Windows update came days before the PS one, so I'm suspecting something amiss there.
Thanks JJMack

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general laptops are not well suite for Photoshop.  Laptops normally are design with  component  that have low power requirements in order to extend battery life.  So the will have GPU like Intel Iris and low power consumption processors. Adobe upped Photoshop GPU requirements and unfortunately have not release information about testing on Laptops. Adobe seem more interested in iPads.  Photoshop or iPads has a tablet UI and all current Photoshop features will most likely not be implemented in the iPad version of Photoshop. IMO you should use Photoshop on a Workstation.    My Dell T5600 is 8 years old its Nvidia Quadro K2200 is 6 years old and its benchmark is lower then GPU that Adobe states I should consider to use with Photoshop 2021 version 22. I find my workstation  2GHz processors just meet minimum requirement and my GPU does not measure up to Adobe  recommendation. I do Install some extensionnbs Plug_in patterns etc. It take 29 seconds for PS 2021 UI to displays starting PS.  It takes 24 seconds for CS6 UI to Displat starting CS6.  Shortly After Photoshop's UI displayse Photoshop is ready for use.   The extras I load in Photoshop are loadEd From common  Scrip and Plug-in folders all version of Phoeshop I install use. All Photoshop have the same add ons and uset the samet files. the differen I see is mearly 5 seconds between CS6 and PS 22.2.

JJMack

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines