• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.2 very slow to start up on Windows

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since uploading the latest version, Photoshop is taking forever to come up.  This is whether I click on the exe, use Adobe Creative Cloud, or click on a jpg.  It sits there with a blank black page with the outline of the frames, nothing showing, for 30s up to several minutes.  Eventually it finally comes up.  I reset the preferences, this did not help.   It seems slower when I launch it with a jpg. I actually had to use V13.0 to crop a picture as I was not sure the tool would come up at all.  I also rebooted, this did not help.

This is inexcusable to a tool of this maturity and the cost I am paying for subscription.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer.

You can try optimizing the preferences of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this did not help at all.  I already said in my original post I  had reset the preferences, and this does nothing.  The preferences read in as well as all the panels, it is then when the frame comes up it just sits there for a couple of minutes before finally showing the contents and past history.  The frame is frozen at this point, you cannot select and move it.  CPU activity is around 30% for PS while this happens.

All updates on the computer has been done.  It does not seem to matter what else I have running.  The slow startup happens 100% of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add the screen shot of PS during this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable the start screen in preferences and see if it still hangs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the left side menu and the right menu (RBG, history) but it still hangs and freezes for a couple of minutes, so this did no help.

Is there a way to clear the cache that it uses?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds really odd. By the time the splash screen closes and the UI opens, Photoshop should be done loading all submodules.

So next, try to disable GPU (also in preferences). GPU requirements increased with v22, and latent driver bugs may be exposed in the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also did not help. The first time I got a different splash screen than the home, but then when it finally came up the home screen came on and it crashed.  The second time I got the normal blank black screen (with top menus) and I was able to get to preferences and turn it back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was reported by other people back on Feb. 11th.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-22-2-extremely-slow-to-initiate/td-p/11824552

So far, no fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it was definitely the V22.2 upgrade.  I hope enough people complain about it Adobe will do something to fix it.  I also see slowness issues reported with almost every  tool they have.  This is scary as there are not many options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just updated to V22.3, but no change to slow start!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appears Adobe couldn't care!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. In my case, after I got V22.3, start-up is even slower than it was when I had earlier versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, since the last two updates (currently on 22.3.0) it takes about 30s after the start screen comes up before PS will respond to any user input. Actually this also happens if I don't get a start screen but launch PS directly by double-clicking a PSD file, I have to wait half a minute or so before I can do anything.

Between this and Bridge suddenly needing 100% CPU for minutes at a time whenever I open a folder with a lot of images in it, this year's updates have been a real pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like version 22.4 update has fixed this problem. Only have to wait 4-5 secs after main UI opens before becoming active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines