• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.3.0 and Wacom Intuos Pro pen pressure

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searching the forum it seems this happens to people with every update...

I just updated to 22.3.0 and now my wacom pressure sensitivity is not working ((exclamation point in the shape dynamics menu under control drop downs).

what are the current approved fixes for this?

Windows 10 Pro 20H2

Wacom PTK-640 with proper driver. 6.3.41-1

Was working before updating.

I saw this posted:

I have the same proplem ... version 20.0.8 worked just fine.Win 10Found solution:create a file in "C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings"calledPSUserConfig.txtwith this text# Use WinTabUseSystemStylus 0

Is this officially recomended still?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is how you should configure Windows 10, Photoshop and your Wacom Device driver foe using your Wacom Pen. The Latest Wacom Device driver seems to have an issue.  Install the version I show. You can configure Pens support to use Windows INK or WinTab Pen interface.  Both Configurations are shown. IMO WinTab Interface Performs better then Windows INK with Photoshop. This has been posted many times.

PenConfig.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack,

Thank you for this.

Driver 6.3.41-1 is the most recent that works with the PTK-640 tablet, so I'm not using the most current driver from Wacom, but I am using the recomended driver.

And the driver you have recomended too.

Just want to make sure this won't mess up the pressure sensitivity that's WORKING FINE with my Photoshop 21.2.6

I'm not comfortable relying on 22.3.0 untill I've tested it for a bit.

...and it's not a good start that it doesn't work with my tablet right out of the box.

Come on Adobe, almost everyone uses a wacom tablet.

It should just work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a PSUserconfig.txt in my C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings folder.

PluginCache.psp

PS Errorlog.txt

QuitEndFlag.psp

Did everything else and PS2021 still has no pressure sensitivity.

Still has exclamation point in Shape Dynamics brush settings.

Shape Dynamics with pressure sensitivity still work in PS 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I created that file in the current PS folder and now pressuer sensitivity is working.

I might be good for Adobe to OFFICIALLY note that thier product will not work OOTB and needs this file created.

Or Adobe should just create it on install with all the other settings.

PS should just work with Wacom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines