Photoshop 22.3.0 freezes on launch on Macbook with M1 Chip and Big Sur OS

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 22.3.0 freezes on launch.  I am using a new MacBook with the M1 chip and the Big Sur OS 11.2.3.  The splash screen shows "Adding extension...MMX Core Routines" and then is hung up at that point.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Here is a help doc that addresses the issue of the M1 chip and Big Sur: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-big-sur.html

Let us know if this answers your question or if we can be of further help.

Michelle

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michelle, I created new administrator account. Rebooted the MacBook using new administrator and then tried opening Photoshop. Continues freezing at flash screen.

Sent from my iPhone

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat with my new M1 chipped mac book pro with Big Sur 11.2.3.  This is not an isolated incident

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines