Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.3.0: Pen Tool Not Working as it should

Contributor ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop version 22.3.0

I've just created a new Paths layer only to find that the Pen tool, instead of drawing a continous line with anchor points, now leaves a series of individual, unnconnected, anchor points. Never having encountered this before, in many years of using Photoshop, I'm stumped as to why this might be happening. Tried closing down and relaunching the app but perhaps something has changed in newer version that I'm unware of?

All help gratefully received.

{Thread title edited by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This is a known issue and our product team is investigating a fix for it. In the meantime, you can upvote the issue here and try the workarounds suggested by other users and let us know how it goes. https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2230-pen-tool-not-working-as-it-sho...

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me or is that blasé answer infuriating to others too? Paths in PS are an main artery, to greet the news of a haemorrhage of this system with vague mutterings that it is being looked into is to me astounding! This should be a number one priority, furtherrmore subscription charges should be suspended until it is fixed. You make millions from this software, it is unsurprising that others in the market look to eclispe you. Get your act togerther, no more talk about user workarounds, put your own house in order!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more. For such a basic and critical feature not too work following an upgrade, is quite frankly gobsmacking. Isn't someone meant to check these things? Forced into reinstalling the previous version. Great! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing the same issue with the pen tool in Photoshop. I have mulitple projects with tight deadlines that utilize this crucial function. I have tried reinstalling an older version but I am still experiencing the same issue. Is there an ETA as to when it will be fixed? Adobe please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, you need to downgrade PS to below 22.3 the last two product updates, firstly created the problem and then failed to fix the issue! It’s ridiculous, I feel you pain on this. It’s bad enough to create the problem, but then to release an update that fails to address the fundamental issues beggars belief!
Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines