• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.3.1 crashes on launch on macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having big problems. Photoshop crashes on launch - every time. Every time I launch it, it will crash before even getting to the splash screen.

I can't use Photoshop!

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
Photoshop 22.3.1
Catalina 10.15.7

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Captura de Pantalla 2021-05-11 a la(s) 17.48.37.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble due to Photoshop 22.3.1 crashing on launch. Please try the steps suggested below: 

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop manually using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this exact same problem. I followed the directions above and Photoshop seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the easy directions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I have tried uninstalling etc. All other Adobe apps are working fine. I have followed the instructions above but still get the message:

Adobe Photoshop 2021 quit unexpectedly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem. iMac i9 64g 1.5TB free

none of the suggestions work. 

Open letter to Adobe,

After two full days of incurring financial deficit as I attempt to fix Adobe software problems, which, I must say, are a direct result of poor QOS, I believe it may be time to find an alternative to the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of products. I'm fed up. It seems the wave has crested for Adobe. It is time to move on and find a reliable tool set. What a profound shame.

After reviewing so many desperate searches for solutions to this ongoing issue, I see it has happened repeatedly, over the entire product line, release after release, across Windows and MacOS platforms, â€¦ FOR YEARS!  I have no words. People dependent upon Adobe products for their livelihood are at a standstill (again) and unable to meet deadlines, unable to bill their work, unable to receive payment, and unable to give the service that produces referrals so essential to future work. 

Telling people to buy a new computer? Really? I mean, really???!

1. My first suggestion is Adobe pay attention to their customers and learn from past mistakes. This is not happening … at least not effectively. In this new era of social-media-instant-trashing-of-people-and-companies, product loyalty is tenuous, at best, and good companies have become nothing but a memory in a very short time. Businesses today should be excellent, be honest, be open, be humble, be supportive, else beware. 
  2. My second suggestion is to fix these problems in beta testing. One should not have to be mentioned this regarding a mature product line; it should be self-evident. Disappointingly, the results I am experiencing tell me otherwise. Adobe's ongoing problem, year after year, version after version, adversely affecting multiple products, (and only they know how many people,) is telling a compelling story. I hoped Adobe would like to tell a different story. The one I am reading does not have a happy ending. 
  3. My third suggestion is for Adobe to show a sense of urgency! They should not only fix the problem, but communicate directly with paying customers. Admit the problem and ask for help in the form of direct feedback to trained and qualified human beings in customer support. Telling people to downgrade, reinstall, uninstall, and/or repair Adobe product updates as a first step is unacceptable. It should be rare. It is not. Solve the problem and release a patch. Telling people to buy a new computer is utterly unacceptable. If the software is incompatible with older hardware, do the programming to stop the installation before anything changes. This is basic programming QOS. 
  4. My number one suggestion is to decouple the resource intensive, unstable CC Desktop application from the installation and operation of Adobe applications. It is not, nor has it ever been reliable, and it is clearly too complex for Adobe to manage with any acceptable level of QOS.

Adobe, please do your own internet search. Your performance to date is appalling. You should be embarrassed and ashamed of your performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your open letter to Adobe isn't really effective here! This is a user to user support forum. To provide feedback and suggestions about what you desire from Adobe, you should go here and comment after selecting the appropriate product:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/categories/products/5f5f2090785c1f1e6cc40864

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done all of that. I can't adjust the PSD prefs though because I can't get the program to open! HELP! This runs my business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Adobe:

Adobe is aware of an issue where Photoshop 22.3.1 is not properly detecting the GPU, and have a fix that will be available soon; thank you for your patience.

An earlier version of Photoshop may be installed and used for the time being.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2231-says-unknown-gpu/6075e3c5cb205... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried earlier versions but I'm still unable to open Photoshop. Was working fine yesterday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your computer specs? OS, HD space, Video card, Vram, RAM, etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 22.18.36.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed PS 2020 and that is OK. The 2021 versions will still not load. There was no problem until today, I can't understand it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 22.18.36.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the issue I pointed out. The latest PS build is having issues with GPU cards, including Macs and Catalina. 2021 latest build needs to be uninstalled and a previous build installed. Looks like you figured that out. : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I just updated to Catalina on my MacPro and now the latest version of Photoshop crashes immediately upon trying to open it. I have read all of the threads, done everything in SysPrefs, Privacy, reinstalled the latest version, restarted many times, etc. - nothing helps. I send the report over and over (even though I have never thought it was being reviewed ; ) Adobe - PLEASE HELP US!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is to install the previous verison of Photoshop, NOT the current one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just tried the new release version 22.4.0 but still have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday you said I've just installed PS 2020 and that is OK.

Did you upgrade to a newer version since yesterday?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes 2020 still works but I thought the new version released today would be the fix? Apparently not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines