• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.3.1 crashes shortly after starting on an iMac with Catalina 10.15.17

New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the latest Photoshop version 10.15.17 doesn't start on my iMac with Catalina 10.15.17. It directly crashes. Is anyone else facing the same problem and knows how to solve this?

Thanks and regards

Wilfried

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a message to turn off open documents in tabs in workspace preferance panel. What is that about and how do I do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get this message. My Photoshop does not even start and directly crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Wilfried. Same problem. iMac with Catalina 10.15.17. Directly crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's really annoying. I'm just trying to re-install PS. I don't know yet if that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have upgraded from Catalina to Big Sur. Now PS v22 is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

This action only affects the items found in the preferences dialog box. Numerous program settings are stored in the Adobe Photoshop Preferences file, including general display options, file-saving options, performance options, cursor options, transparency options, type options, and options for plug‑ins and scratch disks. Brushes (and lots of other setting) are not affected by the above instructions for deleting preferences. You may wish to make a screen capture of the settings in the Preferences dialog to reset them prior to deleting of this file. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS does not even launch, there's no way to press Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS). I even tried to start PS with pressing Option+Command+Shift at start. Doesn't work either. There's no possibility to delete the preferences this way. Is there any other manual method, like deleting the preferences folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After many false leads finally connected chat support that walked me through uninstalling and reinstalling. Wasn't an easy fix. Took most of the morning. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me! PS crashes immediately after start. 
It just says that there's no specified error number and no solution available either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, that's really annoying. I will try chat support now as suggested by @Finbar9 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the advice to downgrade to PS v.21 until the problem is fixed…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded from Catalina to Big Sur. Now PS v22 is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines