• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.3.1 Crashing with Horizontal Type Tool

Participant ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having a problem with Photoshop crashing when I use the horizontal type tool. With the previous (up to date) version, the issue was the program would completly freeze, forcing me to invoke the task manager to 'end task'.

I have followed all of the advice here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html more than once, and especially cleared and deleted the font cache files.

I hoped that the new update would fix it, but it's not the case. Just a different sort of crash; this time the curor (type tool) moves but has no effect on anything, and I still have to use the Task Manager to close the software. 

Windows 10, i5, 16GB RAM, Intel 530 Graphics card.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Since I origianlly posted the question, I have revisted the advice to manually remove the Photoshop's Preference files,
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-22-3-1-crashing-with-horizontal-type-tool/m-p/11995962#M534865
I backed up the preferences folder to my desktop, and then deleted it. You may have several versions of PS in your Hard Drive, so it's important to make sure that you're in the one currently in use (I think this was my problem, originally).

When I re-started Photoshop,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with 22.3.1. It seems to work fine in files that already exist or have text in theme already but when I create a new file, as soon as I draw the text box, Photoshop freezes and I have to use the Task Manager to shut it down. Hoping for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since I origianlly posted the question, I have revisted the advice to manually remove the Photoshop's Preference files,
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-22-3-1-crashing-with-horizontal-type-tool/m-p/119...
I backed up the preferences folder to my desktop, and then deleted it. You may have several versions of PS in your Hard Drive, so it's important to make sure that you're in the one currently in use (I think this was my problem, originally).

When I re-started Photoshop, it was as if I had launched it for the first time, and so it took a few minutes to get the UI back to how I like it. But, the problem has gone. I hope it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines