• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.3 - filter previews rendering with 30 second delay on macOS

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to PS v22.3 the filter previews and reaction are at least 30 seconds delayed. Photoshop remembers the clicks and sliders I perform but doesn't action them until a long 30 second delay and then slowly. Is this anything to do with Silicon Macs enhancements that have interfered with the normal running on no Silicon Macs?

My Mac is running a AMD Radeon Pro 750 Graphics card with 32GB of RAM. Is there a clash with some cards? It's rendering the use of essential filters virtually unusable.

Anyone else got this?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us the macOS version you're working on?

You can try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunnch Photoshop to check if that helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop manually using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/3dFRlyi

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj

I think I've solved it by lowering the GPU processing requirements from Advanced to Normal in the Performance preferences. If it creeps back in I'll have to get back in touch, good for now though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update! Please let us know if you experience the issue again.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately it didn't solve it. Smart Sharpen is particularly horrendous to use with every action of the slider bar or numerical box slowed to ultra slow motion. You have to sit and wait for it to finish all the actions before you can carry on.

Also with free transform if I drag the transform handles beyond the image window and over the Mac desktop it also slows by about x10 and I have to wait until the action resolves itself to carry on. All of these used to be virtually instantaneous in early PS versions.

Maybe it's a GPU problem maybe it's a Silicon code change, who knows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines