• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.3 freezes (take much time to load preferences)

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have already tried many of the (web) advice regarding reset preferences, reparing the fonts caching services of Windows, use the Creative Cloud Cleaning tool as well as Uninstall/Reinstall Photoshop, however the problem presists. Photoshop takes a huge time to load (freeze on loading preferences). This problem was only visible after the 22.3 update. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop 22.3 is freezing while accessing the Preferences menu.

Are you using a Mac or Windows machine and what is the operating system version? Does the app ends up loading the preference menu or it keeps loading it and then freezes the app in the process?

If the preferences menu does opens, would you mind deselecting the option "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance menu, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps? Also, update your graphics card processor drivers to the latest version.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've already tried your advices, but to no avail.

My OS is Windows 10 Home build 20H2.

I've aldo tried in my other computer (same version 22.3) and runs smoothly.

I don't know for sure if it was the update but the problem only appeared after this update.

It takes about 3 minutes to read the preferences and after that PS seems run without any issue.

Attached is the system information taken from PS for your consideration.

Take your time

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I got the exact same problem on Windows 10 Home 20H2

Did you get a solution ?

Regards

Jean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jean

Nope. Nothing changes since last interaction with Adobe. I already try with new installation but no effect.

After almost 5 minutes the photoshop open so it's not impossible to work, but it is annoying.

I'll wait till new updates from windows and also Adobe to see what happens.

I hope you find a solution.

Regards 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

No no solution for the moment. I also wait next Adobe update.

Same situation, Photoshop just take 5 minutes to startup !!!!! waiting on load preferences

And also on my laptop it's OK. One of the diferences beetween the two PC's is, one has Java Scrip Installed (5 minutes to start), the other no (Start in 20 seconds) No idea if this could be the problem.

Regards

Jean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jean

well, I was tired about this issue.

After the lasted photoshop update and also the windows 10 kb##1330 without any change in photshop's beauvior I decided to uninstall all creative cloud app's with creatively tool, erase manually the remaning folders on program files and appdata, clean registry and reinstall all creative apps. After this no problem with photoshop loading time. Problem solved, radically but solved. 
Regards and hope you find a more light solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines