• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.3 hangs on macOS 11.1 when editing photos

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day! Photoshop freezes when working with photos. This happens suddenly, maybe almost immediately after opening the document. The program can only be terminated via "Forced termination". I don't move windows. It also shows a "software crash" when I try to save a photo. The document can only be saved using the "Save As ..." function.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.3. Looking at the document you've shared, it appears that you're using macOS 11.1. Please update your computers macOS to the latest available version & check if the issue persists.

You can also try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I did everything that you recommended, but unfortunately the problem was not solved. I still can't work in Photoshop. I am editing photos and it freezes. It all started after updating BigSur for Mac. And Photoshop updates to version 21.

I am very sad that I pay for the program, but I cannot use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I did everything that you recommended, but unfortunately the problem
was not solved. I still can't work in Photoshop. I am editing photos and it
freezes. It all started after updating BigSur for Mac. And Photoshop
updates to version 21. I am very sad that I pay for the program, but I
cannot use it.

--
*С Уважением,*
*Евгения.*

*Телефон: +7(922)883-26-25*
*ВКонтакте*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, the problem persists. The graphics tablet has new drivers installed. I would really like to understand what the problem is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you go back to the last version to get back up and running again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today everything works, but I still work without a graphics tablet. Maybe the problem is with him? I use a Waсom tablet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to hear it's working! Have you updated your Wacom Tablet driver? Are you on a Mac or Windows? When I installed my Wacom on my new laptop, I had to give permissions in the security settings--I am wondering if that might be an issue?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines