• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.3 - SOOO SLOW!!!

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac, scrolling using the Magic Mouse 2 in unusably slow!! Doesn't matter how large or small the image is, either with or without Graphic Processing switched on, it's ridiculously slow; even the smallest accidental swipe can mean 1-2 minutes spent before I'm back on track again. Have done a restore, used disk utility, zapped the PRAM etc - no change. I didn't subscribe for this!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Just downgraded to 22.2 and all is well again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the image’s pixel dimensions and but depth? 

What have you done about Photoshop performance? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html

And just to make sure: After turning off GPU usage did you restart Photoshop`

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, I'm working on an RGB 72dpi file, 1024x111px. At 300%+ magnification, scrolling is laggy, choppy and at even larger sizes, slow. When I've made any performance-related changes to Photoshop, in many cases, I've re-started the machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Photoshop 22.2 perform better? 

If so you could (after making sure to back-up your presets) roll back to that version. 

Not a great solution admittedly … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention - machine has 32GB RAM, Photoshop using 20GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me since updating to 22.3 yesterday.

Prior to that, scrolling around and zooming in has been smooth as silk (Mac Mini 2018 16GB RAM. Standard built-in GPU).

Now it's awful to work with and really quite unusable. Nothing special with image sizes either - 20MB TIFF images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downgraded to 22.2 and all is well again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean, it's not as if I'm paying top dollar to keep up with the latest updates, is it? It is! Holy moly! Fixed - downgraded to 22.2 and we're buttery smooth once again. I'll check the feedback before ever upgrading an Adobe app again, I think!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi - I am experiencing very slow photoshop with latest edition - how do you downgrade to 22.2?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting filters being all but unresponsive and that's after resetting preferences. Are we suffering from an update to accomodate Silicon Macs performance do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines