• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.4.1 crashes with image resize

New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem started before this upgrade, but now with 22.4.1 Photoshop consistently crashes when I use the menu option Image Size to reduce the image size.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry that Photoshop 22.4.1 is crashing while resizing the image from the Image Resize menu.

Would you mind sharing your computer's operating system menu along with your editing workflow? 

Are you facing this issue while resizing a specific file or file format? 

Would you mind restoring the preferences for Photoshop & see if it helps?

See this article for reference: https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G You may want to backup your settings beforehand: https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, lots of crashes, especially when resizing and moving layers. Just now while working on a layered file from images opened from Lightroom that I had not saved as a PSD or TIF.  I am used to not saving a file until I have mostly finised the work on it. I had brought the first file in from light room and increased the canvas size then from the second image from Lightroom I pasted a layer I had created in that file over to the first file. It was necessary to move the second file around to match the first file. To do this I had to match the second files color and size to fit the first file. After using curves to match tone and color and adjusting the size with the transform tool, while using the transform tool to tweek the size to better match the first layer it crashed. This has happened with other images over the past few days. I think this also happened with the previous update before 22.4.1. 

I'm using a IMac retina 5k 27 in. 2017 3.8ghz quad-core intel core i5, 64GB 2400mhz ddr4.

Thank you for your time,

E. G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update and sorry that the issue still persists. 

Would you mind checking the steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/edit-photoshop-command-missing-photoshop.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this problem as well when I resize images in PS.

It happens in many circumstances, but here is the most recent workflow:

1. Started with a blank file that was 144mm x 574mm x 300dpi
  2. Image > Resize, increase to 145mm x 575mm.
  3. PS froze, then crashed about 15 seconds later.

Windows Specifications:

• Edition: Windows 10 Home
  • Version: 21H1
  • OS build: 19043.1110

Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.4.3 20210708.r.317 bb896cc x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines