• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.4.1 on macOS Catalina - Error in my display driver, but it shows the driver

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used the 3D effects on Photoshop a few times until today. I tried and a message saying I should check 'Use Graphics Processor' on Performance Preferences appeared. To my surprise, when I get there the option is greyed out, although it shows the graphics card name. When I have my mouse over the checkbox it shows a message saying Photoshop detected an error in my Display Driver. I already updated and it didn't work. Uninstalled and installed the driver again and it still not working and. Can anyone help me please?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with the graphics card drivers in Photoshop. Would you mind telling us the version of Photoshop you're working on?

If you're using the latest version of Photoshop, please ensure the graphics card you have on the computer meets the minimum requirements for Photoshop. You can check the details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html#CardRequirements

You can also try updating macOS as drivers for the graphics cards are installed on a Mac with macOS updates.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nikunj. I'm using Photoshop 22.4.1 and MacOS Catalina. Everything is up to date. I really don't know why this is happening. To me, the strange thing is that I used 3D filters a couple months ago and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Lucas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for the info! Would you mind telling us the exact version of macOS Catalina you are working on? Did you update the macOS version during this time after which this issue started? If yes, then please update macOS to the latest version of macOS Big Sur & let us know if that helps.

With macOS, the graphics drivers are installed with macOS updates. So updating macOS to the latest version may help with the issue.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines