• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.4.1 won't let me resize selected objects on Windows 10

New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've been having issues with Photoshop lately. Whenever I want to resize something, it seems to do this (see gif below)

ezgif.com-gif-maker (3).gif

Basically, it refuses to budge. I've applied Free Transform and it still didn't work. Its been like this for a few months. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program many times only for it to happen again and again. I've made sure to keep it up to date, so I'm not sure why it's been doing this.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop while trying to transform the images. Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer along with the latest drivers for your computers graphics card from the manufacturers website.

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop manually using the steps mentioned here: Preferences

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help!

1. I updated my computer and reset the preferences. Unfortunately, it only lasted for about a half hour before it started doing it again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's strange! Have you tried disabling the graphics card from Photoshop to check if that makes a difference? If not, please try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor by going to the Preferences of Photoshop, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fail to see where you apply a Free Transform; please actually invoke it (cmd-T) and change the values in the Options Bar if the handles don’t work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The capture didn't show the controls, but I did apply it in the gif.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you resize the layer by grabbing the handles? can you by targeting the layer, and using the Properties panel?

That said, I'm with Ninkunj, reinstalling fixes less issues than resetting the preferences.

Try this: reset Photoshop's preferences by holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Pc) Cmd+Opt+Shift (Mac) as you click on Photoshop's icon to start it up.

See: Preferences

If you do have access to the menu Edit>Preferences (Pc) or Photoshop>Preferences (Mac), it is possible to reset them from the General submenu.

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fail to uncerstand the problem. 

Please apply a Free Transform. don’t just click »Show Transform Controls«, and post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines