• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22 (CC 2021), Scrubby Zoom problem and other laggy experiences.

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for Neural Filters, but seriously I prefer a smooth PS experience to get my job done. Updates after updates, PS getting worse. Here are often reocurring problem with PS that I experience so far:

1. Scrubby Zoom disabled after dragging layers or objects between documents in 2-up vertical or horizontal view. I frequently use this method for copying layers in the previous PS version, the scrubby zoom still working without any problem. Now this with PS ver 22 or CC 2021, I can guarantee the scrubby zoom will be disabled after I dragged a layer from one document to other in 2-up vertical. But strangely, the scrubby zoom is still available and works normally in the second document where the original layers come from. Also, if I create another document, the scrubby zoom is still active. Only happen in the document where other layer copied into.adobe this is suck.jpg
  2. Sometimes, when the scrubby zoom is still active, the document freeze not zoomed in or out. The scroll bars is however expanded/retracted when I tried to zoom in/out, but the document is freezed. Using menu "100%", "Fit Screen" or "Fill Screen" also don't help.
  3. Very slow and too much lag in a few minutes after opening the app. After opening the app, clicking any menu, tools or whetever in the app, there will be several seconds of delay to get clicked. This problem also occur randomly for other menu even after 30 minutes (or more) using it. I never had such problem before. I feel it since PS CC 2020 but not so noticeable, but this PS 2021 gets even worse. It feels like an old machinery that needs to be warmed up before going full throttle.
  4. Super slow font load is like a new standard now? Ever since PS adds preview of the installed font, the load times gets worse. I don't get it when the latest InDesign and Illustrator (and other CC apps I believe) loads them quickly. I always have hope that this slow font load would be resolved for every upcoming update, but never happen.

Some solutions I already tried and NOT WORKING: a). reset preferences. b). clean PS reinstall, old PS removed. c). disable Generator d). update graphic driver e). Advanced GPU setting to Basic Mode . All not working. 

My Windows 10 PC spec is still pretty decent running all these Adobe apps:

Intel Core i7 4770

Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

RAM 16GB

Samsung SSD EVO 500GB (system disk, the apps installed here, and as the scratch disk as well)

Windows 10 Version 20H2 64 bit, and all the drivers are up to date. 

Other Adobe CC apps are also work normally and smoothly. Only this PS is like much slower than PS 7.0 I have ever used ancient ago.

I will install the previous version of PS and see if it solved my problem.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a very similar issue and have had adobe support try to fix it with no luck following all the sugested above. It seems to be random but we worked out that Photoshop somtimes freezes when opening a documnet from file explorer or having large artboards, the only way we found this out as because I had a dodgy document. After this the scrubbing zoom is then disable (greyed out) and all future new documents in that session will have the same issue. The only way to fix it is to restart Photoshop and reopen the document from the program (File > Open) rather from explorer or any other location. we did find that Going back to an older version eliminated this completely.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines