Photoshop 22 crashing when committing text layers?

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the most recent version of Photoshop 22.1 and immediately ran into problems with committing text layers. Anytime I would try to change text the app would crash. I was advised by Adobe to upgrade my OS to Big Sur (previously running 10.14.6). That did nothing to solve it. I wound up downgrading my Photoshop to 21.2.4 (last available version). 

Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas on how to solve it?

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 22 crashing when committing text layers?

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the most recent version of Photoshop 22.1 and immediately ran into problems with committing text layers. Anytime I would try to change text the app would crash. I was advised by Adobe to upgrade my OS to Big Sur (previously running 10.14.6). That did nothing to solve it. I wound up downgrading my Photoshop to 21.2.4 (last available version). 

Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas on how to solve it?

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 01, 2021 0
legart LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset the preferences and then when I opened an image in PS I went to the Type Tab and set Font Preview to none. It worked. It does not crash when I use the type tool but I can no longer see the font previews which is very annoying. I am looking for a better fix. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 01, 2021 0