Photoshop 3D Animation Service

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 3D animation service (preview) in the properties panel is unavailable -No internet connection detected. I have an internet connection and I am signed in to the creative cloud. Has Adobe stopped this? There is nothing available under Preferences- Technology Previews to turn on.

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The 3D animation service (preview) in the properties panel is unavailable"???  The only preview area I see in Photoshop's Image area. I see no preview area in the properties panel?

image.pngMcAsseyBallSmall.gif

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Mixamo 3D rigged object which was originally created in Fuse and saved in the Library. I have used this object in the past and other Mixamo objects.  With the 3D "Skeleton" layer selected and the little man icon in properties selected there should be a list of animations available. However, all that is sown is the message 3D ANIMATION SERVICES (PREVIEW) UNAVAILABLE:
- No Internet connection detected.

This never used to happen and since Adobe still has Mixamo I thought that this feature was still active.Screenshot (9).png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried in v22 but also went back to v19 and got the same message.

It looks like it is associated with the ending of Fuse

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2019/09/13/an-update-on-adobe-fuse-as-adobe-moves-to-the-future-of...

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. You may be right. I have used this since Fuse was discontinued so I was surprised that the 3d animation feature in the properties panel was not working. With Adobe’s association with Milano I thought that this feature would still work.

Rick McKenzie
(Personal info removed by moderator)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3D in Photoshop is broken for sure  UV can not be displayed and editing 3D surfaces messes up other Photoshop menu view features as well. Many extra items are removed from View.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could raise it in the feedback forum and see if you get a response from Adobe staff.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe only seems to fix problems that bite most users. I gave up submitting  bug  reports on Adobe feedback sites that are not in area all users use.  Bugs in other area get accepted and acknowledge but are not fixed. You may get email from  Adobe  that they may fix the issue  in some future release. I got a couble of the emails like that 7 or more years ago. There are bugs in CS2, CS3, CS4  that are are still in Photoshop 2021.  Photoshop is not a 3D application anyway....

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines