Photoshop 3D Not Working on my Photoshop 22.4.1

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Update Option and it just stopped working, what can i do?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

New Here , May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021
Thank you Dave! i will try that!because i needed it ASAP and didnt see this till now, what i ened up doing is rolling back the driver to the Photoshop 22.0 version and it worked! but as soon as i can i will re update and try your fix!

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are updating the core graphics functions in Photoshop. This is driven by the operating systems of Apple and Microsoft in which the old Open GL functions are being removed in the case of Apple, or deprecated in the case of Microsoft. This means that the graphics functions that have worked for years must be rewritten to use Metal and Direct X. At the same time, Adobe are sensibly updating those core functions to deliver the additional speed we require to handle the very large files of today.

Some functionality in Photoshop, such as 3D, still relies on the older Open GL graphics functions. To make these work, an additional preference Preferences>Technology previews>Deactivate Native Canvas has been added. This can be checked and Photoshop restarted to restore 3D functions to where they were in 22.3

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. This worked: is there a timeline for when the new 3D code will be rolled out?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not privy to any future plans, I am just a Photoshop user like you who volunteers some time on these forums.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave! i will try that!

because i needed it ASAP and didnt see this till now, what i ened up doing is rolling back the driver to the Photoshop 22.0 version and it worked! but as soon as i can i will re update and try your fix!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave, I was having the same issue as above also, I tried the "Deactive Native Canvas" I go into an already created 3D file and everything flashes up like it's going to work and then it disappears. and I'm back with the inablity to access the 3D end of Phototshop! It was working fine? I did update my macOS - to Big Sur version 11.4, and I'm running the latest photoshop 22.4.1.

I hope you can help me sort this isue! Cheers

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines