Photoshop 3D problem

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I have some issues with the 3D feature in Photoshop. 

My Problem: After using the 3D features for a few projects, all of a sudden, the 3D widget tools disappear and the 3D tools in the top menu are greyed out. (the 3d widget tools disappear for the lighting features too). The only way to fix this so far has been to close Photshop and restart my computer, open PS and do more 3D work only to have the same thing occur again and again. I don't want to have to do that continuously. It's a pain in the butt because Photoshop crashes on me everytime I launch it until eventually I finally get it to open. (This is a new PC by the way).

Right now, I'm on v22.1 but if I update, the software claims I'm not running any 3D dedicated video card (which is false because I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660), so I'm forced to downgrade so I can use photoshop.

Normally I would go my preferences and make sure the "Use Graphics Processor" is checked, (which it is), the "Use OpenGL" is checkd (also currently checked), and the "Use Graphhics Processor to Accelerate Computation", (also checked) but it still won't work.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 3D problem

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I have some issues with the 3D feature in Photoshop. 

My Problem: After using the 3D features for a few projects, all of a sudden, the 3D widget tools disappear and the 3D tools in the top menu are greyed out. (the 3d widget tools disappear for the lighting features too). The only way to fix this so far has been to close Photshop and restart my computer, open PS and do more 3D work only to have the same thing occur again and again. I don't want to have to do that continuously. It's a pain in the butt because Photoshop crashes on me everytime I launch it until eventually I finally get it to open. (This is a new PC by the way).

Right now, I'm on v22.1 but if I update, the software claims I'm not running any 3D dedicated video card (which is false because I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660), so I'm forced to downgrade so I can use photoshop.

Normally I would go my preferences and make sure the "Use Graphics Processor" is checked, (which it is), the "Use OpenGL" is checkd (also currently checked), and the "Use Graphhics Processor to Accelerate Computation", (also checked) but it still won't work.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Have you tried resetting your preferences? Here is a Help doc that will guide that might be helpful: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Also, here is a link to information on troubleshooting issues with your Graphics Processor Card to see if there id any incompatibility:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

and FAQs: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Let us know if that helps,

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its a new computer so resetting preferences does nothing... the real issue is that Photoshop fails to load your Gpu driver and that is because Adobe skipped steps in their dev

your best option is to remove Photoshop then download an older build like 21

Screenshot (968).png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did have to resort back a few versions so it's working good now. Adobe, please fix these bugs for future updates would ya? 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2021 0