• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop 3D

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need to consult 3D in Photoshop. Is there any way to create a hole in an object or insert another object so that they do not intersect?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has only very limited options for the creation of 3D models. 

So depending on what you actually want to achieve you may have to use proper 3D software. 

What exactly do you want to achieve?

Please provide a meaningful image, sketch, …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has limited preset meshes. The ring preset has a hole.  You can extrude shaped and text that will have holes, Import 3D Models  with holes. Add preset meshes that contains holes and merges 3D layers and position objects so they do or do not intersect. Photoshop is not a full blown 3d Application.  Adobe has other application that support 3D objects better and easier to use 3D then Photoshop, like  Dimmension.  I do not know if Adobe has a full blown 3d Application as powerful as open source  Free Blender. I do not do 3D work for it looks that it would be a lot of work to learn 3D. I have played a bit with Photoshop 3D and know I do not want to pursue 3D work.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the red box on the ball to be removed 

Snímek obrazovky 2020-06-25 v 12.58.02.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks look you has several objects and if you want to punch out part of a objects surface I believe you would need to add a bump map and opacity map like I did in this one...  I added both. The opacity map will punch the hole in the object's  surface

image.png

image.png

Insidelight360.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that's exactly what I need

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one more question. It is possible to insert 3D text into the object so that it is embedded inside the object?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a video for that globe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop you have limited mesh controls. 

To use one model to punch a shape through a second  you would be better to use a full 3D application that allows Boolean operations, e.g. Blender 3D.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The video was rendered by  Photoshop menu File>export>render video.  I Created a video Time line then Animated the Photoshop 3D layer I created the Drained earth sphere  I set 4 key frame with 4 different Sphere mesh  rotations Photoshop rendered all the others frame in the MP4 and the Animated Gif  I posted. I used menu File>Export>render Video and menu File>Export>Save for Web. 

You  can extrude a text layer to a 3D text Object Layers and then merge all the 3D layers into a single 3d scene layer that has several 3d objects.  You cans animate each 3d object's mesh in the scene independently. 

Here I merger 2 sphere 3D Layers a cloud sphere and an earth sphere. I Animated the two sphere with different rotation direction.

WildEarth.gif

Like Dave Photoshop is not  a  feature rich 3D application. Photoshop 3D support consists of a few basic 3D tools added to Adobe Image editing application Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines