• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 6.0 System Error

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an old version of Photoshop - version 6.0 - which has been working fine until now.  A recent windows update is causing an unrecoverable system error.. I believe this is due to the EOL of Adobe Flash. What are my options? Is there a Flash alternative?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tries all the Windows 10 compatabilty options you can use with old application? Like windows 98, me etc?

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you need to do is boot into Windows 10 normally, then perform the Windows 10 Compatibility procedure... At least that's what I did.

1. Right click on Photoshop (desktop icon or c:\program files (x86)\adobe\photoshop 6.0\photoshp.exe) and select Properties.
2. Select the Compatibility tab.

3. Check the box marked "Run this program in compatibility mode for:".

4. Select "Windows 98 / Windows Me" from the drop down.

5. Click OK.

Photoshop 6 should now run without any error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No version of Photoshop ever depended on Flash. There are any number of possible causes for this problem, but Flash Player is not one of them. Probably, your luck just ran out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines