Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 8-Bit does not have PDF option in "save as"

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I just noticed that my PS does not have a PDF option when I save. I've adjusted the size of the image, resolution, and have the image mode in 8-bit and tried it in 16-bit. Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the 22.4 Update notes and search this forum for your issue you are not the first with this save as thing.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your file contains items that are not supported in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel) then the file format is moved to the Save a Copy command. This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions to keep them aligned.

In the case of PDF the format may or may not support all the content depending on the options you go on to choose in the PDF dialogue, e.g. downsampling,  hence it is in Save a Copy.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines