• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop access overseas

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to travel overseas and will take my computer with me. I will have internet access. But a different IP address (obviously). I do monthly payments for photoshop. Will I still have access to photoshop after the new payment. (and before) Will photoshop recognize my computer? Thank you so much in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Photoshop should work as expected, you only need to connect to the internet once in every 30 days, please have a look at this article for more information. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sahil. One more question. I´m thinking of installing a VPN but I hear people are having trouble accessing their photoshop when doing so. Can you help? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud subscription is linked to your Adobe ID, not the IP address of the computer being used.  So, yes, you can run Photoshop on your computer in different locations.  You can even run it on a different computer.  Let's say you usually work on your computer in Los Angeles, California and then travel to Australia and your computer fails to boot up.  You could log into your Createive Cloud account with your Adobe ID on another computer entirely and continue to work.  It could even be a computer that alraedy has it installed.  You would just log the current CC user out and then log yourself in.

For what it's worth, you can have your Adobe ID active on two computers.  If you log in on a third computer without logging out of one of the two current logins, the Creative Cloud desktop applicaiton will prompt to you to pick a computer to deactivate in order to continue.  What's nice about that is you don't need to remember to logout ahead of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Email removed by moderator. Please do not post personal details in this public forum)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Warren, thank you sooo much for all the info you gave me. Makes me feel a lot better. Now I will travel without worry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That will not be an issue. I travel so much and never had a single problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Martin. I think I won´t have any trouble either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes installing a VPN can block the network traffic Adobe uses and that can cause the 'phone home' script to fail which will then lock your software because it didn't 'phone home' with in 30 days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you. That helps. I wasn't´t quite sure about that. I will go to Indonesia for a few months. Will it still be able to `Phone home`after a month (since I have a monthly description..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines