• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop actions not running correctly

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I have recently upgraded my PC to an i5 with a Nvidia GeForce GTX1650 super graphics with 4GB GDDR6 VRAM. The action I used on my much older PC will no longer work correctly and I don't know why??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My daughter has been using photoshop on an old computer that her cousin gave to her with no problems.  We have now bought a new computer and been assured that it should be better than the old one.  We have downloaded the GPU drivers and signed into Adobe but when she is using actions on the new computer they are taking a very long time and they are not working properly. We are testing this using the same action on the same photo on the same version of photoshop on each computer and it simply won't work properly on the new computer.  Is there any obvious reason for this?  Have we forgotten to download all of the necessary software??  I have googled and googled and I can't seem to find any solution.

This is the computer we have bought is from Aldi - we thought that it was a good one:

Medion PC i5 16/1TB/512 GTX1650super

Product Ref: 708739417551900

Any help at all would be grately appreciated.
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is for Photoshop Elements. If, indeed, you are using Photoshop, suggest that you post over there.

Photoshop forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The computer is unlikely to be the problem, that looks totally fine.

Would you please post a screenshot of the action that is giving you problems?

With the steps folded out...

The actions should look something like this when folding out:

Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 09.30.41.jpg

Please then also fold out all the individual steps. 🙂

This will allow people to see whether the action is using something that is still linking to your previous computer.

It looks like this:

Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 09.31.19.jpg

I'll take a look at it and see if I can help out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you having problems with all actions? Or a specific action?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your replies both. I didn't know at the time of posting but the problem is with all actions - even the default actions are not working properly.

My brother in law has now offered to build a computer for us which is tempting but didn't want to invest a lot of money in a computer if the one we bought is a good one.  If my daughter needs a better spec than the Medion model we don't mind spending the money, but we were worried the problem would happen on multiple devices and spending more money wouldn't solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines