Exit

Photoshop Actions not Working Properly, MANY commands missing

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop version: CC 2018

Action: https://graphicriver.net/item/rise-photoshop-action/10695658 

Issue: I haven't used actions very much, but whenever I try to play this action I got off GraphicDrivers, most of my commands played are "Unavailable", therefore my image does not look like it is supposed to by the end of the action. I tried checking these boxes to see if that "enables" them but it doesn't check or anything. Am I missing any plug-ins or files for my photoshop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

That column is for toggling the dialog off/on - if there is one for that action step. If there isn't, that box is empty. Things like "reset swatches" or "select layer" don't have dialogs - they're just events that either happen or don't.

You disable an action step by clicking the checkmark at the very left.

Troubleshooting actions step by step is not unexpected, especially not if you get them from somewhere else. Often it can be enough that you change some preference, and suddenly an action step t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That column is for toggling the dialog off/on - if there is one for that action step. If there isn't, that box is empty. Things like "reset swatches" or "select layer" don't have dialogs - they're just events that either happen or don't.

You disable an action step by clicking the checkmark at the very left.

Troubleshooting actions step by step is not unexpected, especially not if you get them from somewhere else. Often it can be enough that you change some preference, and suddenly an action step that relies on that preference won't work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Command not available or not supported in this version of Photoshop is a common error massage action see when an action is played on documents that does not have something the action depend on.   Most actions have some dependencies. Most actions will not work on any document. A document need to have what is required for the action steps execution.   For example an action can not save a selection as an alpha channel if there is no active selection.    A prior step may have been Select Color Range red.   If there is no red in the document no selection will be made. So the Save Selection command will not be available and the Save selection step will fail with Command is not available.  The action depends on the documents having some red pixels.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same command missing issue:

santhoshkuma29044642fy0p_0-1690204548024.png

while performing the above action, it does not resize..that command jumped and file saved to the destination folder without resize?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expand the step so we can see what it's supposed to be doing. Then explain what actually happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks for the quick response..

santhoshkuma29044642fy0p_0-1690205898383.png

Actually, I last week I did the same action perfectly with 1000 images...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how many pixels wide do they save at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same as above... width 960 and constain proportion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

santhoshkuma29044642fy0p_0-1690207111642.png

and this was my Batch setup setting... Is there is any problem here? (check box)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop actions are always a gamble, some work as described and some will never work. This is why they are cheap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines