• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop adds a date from 2016 to a .jpg image I created on the 22nd of october 2020

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday Photoshop adds an old date to the images I export as a .jpg.

I've spent over an hour online with the adobe helpdesk and she still didn't get what the issue was. Really frustrating. Does anybody have any idea how I can fix this?

I've already uninstalled and installed Photoshop, updated my OS and it didn't help.

Kind regards,

Femke

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be Photoshop correctly remembering the date when it was photographed. Hard to say without detail. Where do you SEE this old date? Please give a screen shot showing it and tell us the date photographed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Femke5E2E_0-1603442061509.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I get. Date from 2016 seems to be the production date, which is incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop isn't even set up as default editor for jpegs. See the Ai icon? If you open these, they will open in Illustrator. That's an OS setting.

This column in Windows Explorer lists created date, not modified date. That means the date shown will be the date set in the camera that took these images. If Photoshop had these open, it would be the modified date.

If you right-click a file and choose "properties", you can compare created and modified dates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can choose which date to show in Windows, but I can't at the moment remember how. But the date when a photo was taken is VITAL metadata to many photographers, so this is shown in preference to the date edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Date created or date modified? Date created is normally camera metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines