• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop always opens the pop-up menus on a wrong screen!

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iMac with OS Sierra, and a Cintiq.

I usually use Photoshop on the main screen, however all the pop-up menus and dialogues always open on the Cintiq screen. Even if I move the dialogue box back to the main monitor, then close it, then open again, it opens again on the Cintiq screen. Even if my Cintiq is turned off, it still opens the menus outside of Photoshop, on a presumable Cintiq screen! How can I change that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same setup and usually it is just a matter of where the primary view is setup.

Check Control Panel > Displays

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 10.17.23 AM.png

Where ever the menu bar is > that is where the pop ups tend to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has never worked for me unfortunately.  You said usually... any ideas what secondary factor might be causing it to work sometimes for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I share three screens with a PC and Mac. When I have my photoshop on my Mac screen and do anything that pops up a dialogue it will show up on the wrong screen and then I have to push my monitor buttons to switch the PC screen to the mac so I can push a single button on the dialog. This is insane.

To be clear, ALL dialogues pop ups need to show up on the same screen that displays Photoshop. There is absolutely no reason to do other wise.

Also I know that this information will never get to Adobe no matter how hard I try. Depressing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This behavior is operating system dependent. How to fix: 1. Click the apple icon. 2. Click System Preferences 3. Click display 4. Click arrangement. On one of the monitors, you will see a white rectangle at the top, whatever monitor that is, that's where dialog boxes will appear when they pop up. 5. Click and drag that white rectangle to the monitor you wish dialog boxes to appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has never worked for me.  Pretty there's something else going on with this particular issue. Across different forums I've consistently seen this suggested and people replying that it doesn't fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dialogs do not always open on the display with the menu bar (white rectangle in Displays).

If it doesn't or you don't want to move the menu bar then try this: Open a dialog, notice it's on the wrong monitor.  Hit F3, move the mouse to the top of the screen then move the desktop the dialog is on onto the monitor you want photoshop on, and then move photoshop onto that desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I haven't replied for a while - for some reason I was not getting updates from this thread. Since I originally posted it I have completely changed my system (I am also using another Adobe ID, but it's my thread) - I now have a different setup: a Hackintosh with nVidia GeForce graphics card, and 2 monitors - Dell 24" and a Cintiq 22" displays. I use Photoshop 2017. I can confirm that I don't have this problem anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried all those. I've moved the white rectangular bar over to the screen on my Cintiq where I use Photoshop and those boxes still show up over on my iMac. Really Adobe, why do you continually make it more difficult to be efficient? Having to push my Cintiq away or use my other arm with the mouse instead of just clicking that button with my pen takes more time that it would if it were on the same screen as Photoshop. And it's not just Photoshop. It happens with all your products that I use. Please fix this very annoying feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines