Photoshop & Creative Cloud app spamming Temp directory

Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photography plan here on Win10 Pro x64. I'm looking through C:\Temp right now. It is LITTERED with Adobe temp and log files that were just cleared out just yesterday morning. At least 120 with NGLClient_CCLibrary, NGLClient_CCXProcess, NGLClient_CreativeCloud, 

NGLClient_Photoshop all with incremented log files written every hour. Numerous other little Adobe files and directories to boot including PageMaker 7 temp files that CC was blocking the install of. Why write a file if there is no error? Keep your the debug versions in your domain, not mine. If no error then a "everything is groovy" file does NOT need to be written. There is no housekeeping what so ever. It just continues to build up. My boot drive is an SSD. I can hear it scream when an Adobe app is ran. Sloppy & poor programming, the hallmark of Adobe in regards to OS interaction, which through the years hasn't improved. That CC app .. total malware. Solution I suppose is to run it only when necessary ... no more autostart on log in.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop & Creative Cloud app spamming Temp directory

Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photography plan here on Win10 Pro x64. I'm looking through C:\Temp right now. It is LITTERED with Adobe temp and log files that were just cleared out just yesterday morning. At least 120 with NGLClient_CCLibrary, NGLClient_CCXProcess, NGLClient_CreativeCloud, 

NGLClient_Photoshop all with incremented log files written every hour. Numerous other little Adobe files and directories to boot including PageMaker 7 temp files that CC was blocking the install of. Why write a file if there is no error? Keep your the debug versions in your domain, not mine. If no error then a "everything is groovy" file does NOT need to be written. There is no housekeeping what so ever. It just continues to build up. My boot drive is an SSD. I can hear it scream when an Adobe app is ran. Sloppy & poor programming, the hallmark of Adobe in regards to OS interaction, which through the years hasn't improved. That CC app .. total malware. Solution I suppose is to run it only when necessary ... no more autostart on log in.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 07, 2021 0
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a Temp folder myself years ago and do not see any file Photoshop written there except the images I  had it save there.  Photoshop  should save temp files in your user Id temp space  user appdata local temp.  In windows file explorer type %temp% in the address see if you have move yours to C:\temp.  This is what I see when I type %temp% in file explorer address. I sorted the files by size you can see Photshop scratch file is the largest file in there.

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2021 0
Droxine LATEST
Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you sorting by size? I have no doubt that Photoshop Temp file and the *.psb's will clear on exit. It's the others .. like you did notice 528 files in your temp directory right? Do some follow a NGLClient_CCXProcess*.* template? Is there a ton of them? Have you ever monitored the growth? If they are not in that directory then they are somewhere else. These files are created irregardless of the Creative Cloud app running or not .. they are from the various CC services. I am not running an unusual Win 10 Pro setup here. I've set c:\temp as THE directory to place any temp file, for Windows, Chrome .. all applications via User and System Variables under the System Variables dialog. I have since posting originally moved the SSD based c:\temp to HDD based s:\temp with no detectable performance drop (nor should there be as very few temp files are dynamic and Win does write caching). Plan is to use a logoff (or log on) event to trigger a batch file to clear the temp directory, skipping deletion of files with creation dates within an hour or two of current system time. I shouldn't have to do this however. This is typical sloppy Adobe programming. Here's my s:\temp after a day of CC ..

S-Temp-Dir.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2021 0