Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop & Lightroom Really Slow

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have an HP Pavilion 500-260ea that I've admittidly had for a few years now, but its seems terminally slow - It freezes everey time for 30 seconds plus for each click of any mouse or movement of any slider in either of these programs. The PC Spec is 3.7Ghz Chip and 8MB RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645 graphics card - which on the face of it, more than meets the Adobe minimum spec.

Why are Adobe programs so slow? Is it the PC, or is it something I can fix?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry that Lightroom and Photoshop are are running slow. That isn't a great user experience, let us help make it right.

Could you please let us know the version of Lightroom & Photoshop you had installed on your computer?

Please uncheck the option "use graphics processor" under the Preferences> Performance menu in Photoshop/Lightroom and see it the issue persists.

I'd recommend that you check out this article to troubleshoot the GPU in Photoshop: Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

On top of that, I would suggest that you check out this help article to optimize the app's performance: Optimize Lightroom performance and Optime Photoshop performane

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines