Photoshop (and Illustrator) locking up

Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yesterday and today both Photoshop and Illustrator just quit responding to input in tandem. restarting them doesn't help. i tried uninstalling/reinstalling Illustrator yesterday to no avail. also deleted prefs (a real pain). rebooting finally worked, but this is a fairly major inconvenience.

i was copy/pasting between them (into Photoshop) today when Photoshop froze; yesterday, i can't remember what i was doing when they froze.

no errors, no crash. Task Manager doesn't indicate they're unresponsive, and CPU use changes over time, so they seem to look alive to the system.

Windows 10, Photoshop 22.0.1, Illustrator 25.0.1, Adobe for Teams

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop (and Illustrator) locking up

Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yesterday and today both Photoshop and Illustrator just quit responding to input in tandem. restarting them doesn't help. i tried uninstalling/reinstalling Illustrator yesterday to no avail. also deleted prefs (a real pain). rebooting finally worked, but this is a fairly major inconvenience.

i was copy/pasting between them (into Photoshop) today when Photoshop froze; yesterday, i can't remember what i was doing when they froze.

no errors, no crash. Task Manager doesn't indicate they're unresponsive, and CPU use changes over time, so they seem to look alive to the system.

Windows 10, Photoshop 22.0.1, Illustrator 25.0.1, Adobe for Teams

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large is the clipboard item you are transferring between the two programs? Perhaps they aren't responding while trying to complete the task.

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 1
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good thought, but I waited over 10 minutes on a pretty powerful Razor. It was a detailed vector, but nothing unusual here. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2020 0