Photoshop and Indesign freezes when I try to quit

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently my Photoshop and Indesign have been freezing (rainbow beach ball appears) whenever I try to quit. It just stops and the beach ball appears, and the program stops responding. But it only happens if they have been left open for awhile, or I have made many adjustments. When I open a file, do a simple edit, and close PS, it does close properly.

Any idea what may be causing this? I even used Adobe CC Cleaner to uninstall and reinstall CC, but it is still happening. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop and Indesign freezes when I try to quit

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently my Photoshop and Indesign have been freezing (rainbow beach ball appears) whenever I try to quit. It just stops and the beach ball appears, and the program stops responding. But it only happens if they have been left open for awhile, or I have made many adjustments. When I open a file, do a simple edit, and close PS, it does close properly.

Any idea what may be causing this? I even used Adobe CC Cleaner to uninstall and reinstall CC, but it is still happening. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which versions of InDesign and Photoshop and OS?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting the InDesign and Photoshop preferences? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0