• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop (and InDesign) Freezing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10 on a virtually new, robust PC and Adobe CC. Of late, I am having issues in PS and ID where my PC freezes, particularly when I attempt a copy and paste. Not every time but very commonly. I must wait for 20 seconds or so and it "releases" and I can continue on. After this happens a few times, I am getting a warning from Adobe, that I must "repair" Adobe Creative Cloud or reinstall  Adobe CC. The last two times, (over the course of 24 hours) I was asked to repair and both times a new download of CC occurred.

I seem not to be having this issue with any other software but then I use primarily Adobe products so the occasional Word or Excel use would be minor and non taxing in any way.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas of what I can do to isolate the issue and get it resolved. Thoughts?

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just restarted both applications using Shift-Alt-Ctrl to reset preferences. On restart, PS asked me for a Scratch Disk selection. It had selected Startup but I changed it to my largest free space data drive. Was that the right thing to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines