• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop and NVidia Quadro and 30-bit display, revisited

Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had quite a few threads about this, which I have mostly dismissed by saying it's buggy, good luck getting it to work.

But in fact it does work, and probably has the whole time. For some reason I've always been convinced there was no special setting other than ticking the box in PS prefs, and of course having capable hardware. Then it would work if it worked at all.

But it turns out there is a setting in the NVidia control panel that has to be correctly set. It's under Display > Resolution. Once you see it, it's obvious enough, but I normally never do anything in this panel so I completely missed it:

30-bit.png

I just built a new machine with a P2000 card, which frankly is quite expensive, and I thought it's not unreasonable to expect return on investment. So I dug a little deeper and this is what I found. The moral of the story is - don't take anything for granted and never trust what you hear on the internet 😉

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very cool. I've never been able to get this working either. One thing to note is that on many displays, the 10bit is only possible via certain cables between the display and card. On my NECs, it has to be through DisplayPort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines