Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop animated zoom gone

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all.

I just upgraded to the latest version of Photoshop and my animated zoom is gone. It's selected in the pref pane, but doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

B.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

What are your GPU settings in Preferences > Performance Graphics Processor (including the advanced settings and drawing mode)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your GPU settings in Preferences > Performance Graphics Processor (including the advanced settings and drawing mode)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are awesome, davescm! I just selected "Use graphics processor" which I didn't see earlier. Everything works well now

Thanks!

B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, glad to help

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there
Had the same issue. First it worked. But with the new update, it doesnt anymore.

Why are every update designed to cancel animated zoom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Graphics settings on but zooming in/out looks like when graphics drivers aren't working. It snaps straight to next increment and not smoothly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. This happened after updgrading to Catalina on the Mac.  I toggled "Animated Zoom" and "Zoom with Scroll" a few times and that fixed the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comigo para de funcionar quando trabalho com artboards, só consigo usar novamente quando fecho e abro novamente o photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chespira is saying that if you are working with artboards, it will screw the animated zoom. Restarting Photoshop (and avoiding artboards) will fix it. This was indeed my case. Such an annoying issue, thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. No scrubby or smooth zooming. In Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor was checked.

There is another option. Go to the Zoom tool and check it's options (in the toolbaar). Check Scrubby zoom. Now zoom should be smooth.

J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Done @Jort_Bont  ! You're the best.
I didn't know that toolbar option existed. I was worried about something not working well on my computer.
But it works perfectly now. Thanks for sharing the tip 😉 !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  know its an old trend but that same thing just happened to me and took me a while to figure out what to do.
So after checking the GPU processor is marked, I went into Preferences -> Tools and there on the list on the right hand side there is an option for Animated Zoom, for some reason that went unchecked (maybe an update?), anyhow, I toggled that one on again, and the zoom was working as normal again. (Photoshop 2022)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hola tengo el mismo problema, probe todo lo que escribieron pero sigo igual. Actualize a la ultima version y me paso esto. Tengo un i5 7200u y una 940MX con 2gb dedicados Vram. notebook.

Me funciono siempre y en illustrator me sigue funcionando, solo en phoshop tuve este problema.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines