• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop arbitrarily changes image size when printing

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created book covers in Photoshop 2019 -- 8.25" x 12" @ 300dpi.

I have to use "Custom sizes" to create a print-ready PDF.

The first cover went perfectly well.

The second cover, every time I hit "print", Photoshop arbitrarily takes my 8.25 x 12 @ 300dpi image and downsizes it to .963 x 1.37s @ 2568dpi which is unprintable.

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you create the second cover document? And how did you add content into the document. Show some screen capture of you processing.

The second cover seems to have had its print resolition changed

8.25 x 300 =  2,475 px wide

12   x 300 =  3,600 px high

2,475/2,568 = .9637 inches wide

3,600/2568 =  1.401 inches high

Just use "Image Size" do NOT not check RESAMPLE and set DPI to 300 click OK  Photoshop should set the document print size back to 8.25" x 12"  some rounding must have happen in your processing  the height should have showed 1.401 not 1.37s

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image sizes were consistent throughout. It was the "Print" dialogue box that arbitrarily resized the photo and changed the resolution. All options to adjust were greyed out (unavailable) except the "percentage". I set it back to "100%" and the image was (unsurprisingly) pixelated and useless.

Then I did the exact same thing, and the preview image was again pixelated but the final output (a print-ready PDF custom sized) was fine.

I have no idea what's going on, but it seems to be working now.

I'll just make a small offering to an assortment of printing deities and carry on. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The print dialog should not  arbitrarily resize your document.  Your printer driver would not set a print resolution 2568 pixels.  Reset all tools and if that does not clear up you issue try resetting your Photoshop preferences.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines