Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Auto Rotate Brushes

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone!

I've searched for how to set up a brush to auto-rotate after each click but have been unsuccessful. Can you point me in the right direction? Thank you so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Please post a screenshot with the freckles-brush selected and the Brush Settings Panel (with »Shape Dynamics« selected) visible. 

It might be a simple Angle Jitter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The right direction to what?

Please try to explain the issue in a more meaningful manner, maybe post screenshots or sketches to illustrate what you mean. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Right direction - I just meant, can someone with the knowledge on this topic lead me to the answer.

I'm not sure I can capture this in screenshots. I'll try to explain better. I have several brushes I downloaded for skin texture. Specifically, freckles. When I paint with the freckle brush, each time I end a stroke, the rotation of the brush automatically changes so that when I paint with it again, the freckles are turned and not looking repeated. I don't do anything with my arrow keys to change the rotation, it's set up in some way to automatically do this. It's fantastic for making skin texture or fur more random and natural without having to manually rotate the brush after each stroke. Since the brushes came this way, I haven't been able to figure out how to replicate that feature on other brushes I'd like to set up in the same way.

Does this make more sense? Thank you for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot with the freckles-brush selected and the Brush Settings Panel (with »Shape Dynamics« selected) visible. 

It might be a simple Angle Jitter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Angle jitter was it! I had no idea that's how it worked. Thank you for mentioning that and making things so much easier now. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines