Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Auto-Select Adjustment Layer Issue

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe forums,

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Recently my Photoshop has been auto-selecting the adjustment layers within my documents. I have the 'auto-select parameter' turned off but it's still selecting the adjustment layer that I want it to ignore.

On the below image I've clicked the 'RACE_NAME' layer and as you can see it's selected the 'Vibrance Adjustment Layer' which I want it to ignore.

If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

ADOBE_SUPPORT.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Move Tool set to »Auto-Select« in the Options Bar? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes it is set to Auto-Select. It's auto-selecting the adjustment layer. So annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really shouldn't be doing that; only layers with contents like pixels or Smart Objects should be chosen.

Try a tool reset? (You can use "Reset Tool" but to be thorough you can reset them all this way.)

tools.jpg

If that doesn't work, a preferences reset might work (but be aware this will reset everything):

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate I've just tried both those methods.

It's still doing it, unfortunately. I think it's something to do with the files. If I delete the 'Vibrance Adjustment' layer and recreate it. The auto-select ignores the layer as normal.

Is there anyway another user could add a pixel to that adjustment layer? Or affect the file somehow so that it does this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you repro with new documents?

Adjustment layers are just that; they don't have any elements/contents like pixel or Smart Objects do, other than their grayscale masks.

Are you on Mac? Wondering if this might be yet another video-driver-related bug that seems to be plaguing Mac users these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines