Highlighted

Photoshop auto window taskbar dragging?

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the crude video, I don't have OBS or any other screen recorder on my PC at the moment, but it was easier to show this than trying to describe it.

Essentially the problem I'm having is, for some reason, when I undock a canvas from the top PS toolbar, and try to move it around in PS, the document will automatically drag itself towards the taskbar. I dont understand, this is the first time I've ever seen it. Any ideas what it might be? I read about perhaps Overscroll, but thats a CC option, I'm running CS6 and thats not an option at all.

https://youtu.be/P5D0MkKEhf4

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop auto window taskbar dragging?

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the crude video, I don't have OBS or any other screen recorder on my PC at the moment, but it was easier to show this than trying to describe it.

Essentially the problem I'm having is, for some reason, when I undock a canvas from the top PS toolbar, and try to move it around in PS, the document will automatically drag itself towards the taskbar. I dont understand, this is the first time I've ever seen it. Any ideas what it might be? I read about perhaps Overscroll, but thats a CC option, I'm running CS6 and thats not an option at all.

https://youtu.be/P5D0MkKEhf4

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a bug in base version of photoshop cs6.

Use Help>Updates from within photoshop cs6 to get the 13.0.1.3 update among others.

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=5677

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All righty! Let's take a look and I'll get back to you once I install the patch, thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is interesting

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to point out that I'm running a 64-bit version of CS6.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 Extended, sorry guys. Its late and my brain is fried.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try Help>Updates from within photoshop cs6?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply, I did indeed try it, but oddly enough the Help option was grayed out. I'm going to try to reinstall photoshop, thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, the reinstall didn't seem to work, may have to bite the bullet and just get the year subscription. Oof. CS6 I think is simply too old to update anymore.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0