Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Becomes Unresponsive Until Selecting Another Open Window

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

I am having a Photoshop CC 2017 unresponsiveness issue. While painting or using pretty much any brush tool PS will eventually lag out and will not register brush strokes and become unresponsive. The cursor still moves as normal but, nothing else will function until I choose another open window or program. When I go back to into Photoshop everything returns to normal and works like a charm.

I am using Windows 10, and a Intuos 3 tablet if that helps at all.

Has anyone else experienced this lagging/unresponsiveness issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jgilbreath,

Could you try unplugging your Intuos Tablet and use the mouse instead and let us know about the outcome?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this old question and I've been experiencing the same thing. I can make selections without freeze or lag using a mouse but using the tablet and stylus, I usually have to wait a long time and/or switch between open applications to get select functionality back.

Running Win 10, Wacom driver 6.3.18-3, Adobe Photoshop Version: 2017.1.1 20170425.r.252 2017/04/25:23:00:00 CL 1113967  x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BJN3, what tablet are you using I'm using a Wacom Intuos 3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intuos 5 Touch (with touch disabled)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know, at least I can rule out my ancient Intuos 3 being the faulty component here. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just fixed (or perhaps just improved) selection with the Wacom stylus, but I got impatient and did two things before testing. First, I uninstalled the Lazy Nezumi application that launches when it sees Photoshop and can "hook" into an active Photoshop image window to provide enhanced tool control. I usually just shut down Lazy Nezumi, but I decided to try uninstalling it. Unfortunately, I also uninstalled Photoshop CC along with preferences, rebooted and then reinstalled it. The same image that would cause select tool freeze with the tablet works normally now. I still have a ghost Photoshop extension for Extensis (presumably Font Suitcase) even after the reinstall.

Now to reconfigure my preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have noticed that shortcuts and tool selections sometimes stop working, quitting and restarting is the only thing that works to fix it.

I'm not using a tablet of any kind. Has anyone else seen this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried a myriad of combinations, all of which include and exclude the Wacom tablet being plugged in. It seems like the problem is not entirely depended on the Wacom tablet. The one variable that I did narrow down was the larger the photoshop file (resolution, image size, additional artboards) they issues reared its ugly head more and more often.

The times that the issue was least apparent is when I had a smaller canvas size, a single artboard, few layers. It still happened, but not as often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump, same problem. It happens so often, usually after every few brush strokes it will freeze until i open a new window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont know why i pay for photoshop every month when stuff like this happens. 

[reply edited by moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine hangs it's a rip off - Adobe issue programs that destroy projects out of the blue for no reason. It's a disgusting failing from a so called sofware giant. If this was a Tesla we'd all be dead. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines