• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Beta

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering what the Photoshop BETA is all about?  Is it silicon ready?

Lumix S5, Atomos Ninja V

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a new program for users to test out beta versions of the software and hopefully find issues before being officially released. I don't think it's Silicon ready, but I could be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Chuck, I was hoping I had someting to test on my M1 Air.  But its just a vanilla one not for Silicon.

Lumix S5, Atomos Ninja V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an M1 Mac, read Jeff Arola's reply to this thread about the public Photoshop beta for Apple Silicon. It looks like it was just announced.

But note that it is a beta with missing features for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks!  It appears that the one resource hungry feature that i wanted to test (Blend Layers is not available yet).

Final Cut - on the Air is really amazing. saving files faster than a MacBook Pro 16 - so that's promising.

Lumix S5, Atomos Ninja V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what are you asking exactly? What you mean by silicon ready? There is Photoshop version which is for testing purpose and you can call it beta. This version is distributed to testers who are willing to participate and test new features and new versions. It is all about to get feedback on new features and to check how things work before official release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you read about a Photoshop beta? Was it an announcement you saw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just downloading LR to my Silicon Air - and stumbled on to the BETA page for PS. So I Dl'd that insead of the release one.  I couldnt see anything special.

Lumix S5, Atomos Ninja V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines