Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Black Screen?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It seems that every time I boot up Photoshop, it opens as a black screen. The bar with file, edit etc is there but the rest is black. When I try to open a new or old file, the screen remains black. I've tried using older versions, to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you managed to fix yours? I'm having the same problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just opened up the performance window from preferences & pressed OK without making any changes & it worked !!!! Strange !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated PS to vers 22 today.   Got this black screen issue.  First time I've ever seen it.   After reading here I checked Nvidia for new Studio Drivers and there was a new one available as of today 10/20/20 and it is suggested for the new versions of Adobe apps specifically.  Glad this thread exists, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to my previous.   After the Graphics card update PS only worked for one day.  The next day right back to black screens.    Luckily I chose to keep the prev PS version installed  (21.2.xxx whatever) which never black screens, but this is getting silly.

Operating system:  Windows 10 pro Vers 2004  OS build 19041.572

Intel Xeon / Hp workstation

Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce 2070 Super.   
Nvidia Studio Driver  vers  456.71 (meant specifically for Adobe apps)

RAM: 32 GB 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting preferences appears to have helped this today.  At least for today.  Nothing promised for tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 7.41.10 pm.png

Today I was going through my files deleting them to create more storage on my mac (macOS Catalina version 10.15.7). Soon after I tried to open up photoshop but it just came up with a blank screen (shown in the screenshot I took above). I'm currently using photoshop 22.1. I have tried to delete and reinstall photoshop and adobe many times and I have also tried to deselect use graphics processor and rebooted the application but still came up with the blank screen. Can someone please help, it would mean the most 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my exact issue as well. I hope someone can help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any luck yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Yes, I have gotten help from the adobe help team. Click this link https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html and go to the bottom right where you will see the text box image. I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a shot of my screen opening a current PSD file.

1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU - Nvidia GeForce 2080i RTX

CPU - Intel i900 Coffee Lake

Ram - 16 Gb

1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i feel so defeated. i've been trying to fix photoshop for three days now. this is my situation; i don't have my laptop with me (mac laptop 2015, that's all i remember about the laptop) and that's where i usually, with no issue, use photoshop but i'm currently across the county using my sisters laptop (macOS Catalina version 10.15.6) and upon downloading photoshop onto this computer i had a full scratch disk issue that wouldn't even let me open photoshop it would just automatically tell me the disks were full which i just fixed by clearing up some space and now that i can open up photoshop the only thing that pops up is a blank, black screen on photoshop. so i uninstalled and attempted to reinstall photoshop when i realized that when i tried opening up cc it was just a black white screen! what. do. i. do. i can't access cc or photoshop. when i try to access cc through safari or chrome it redirects me to the desktop app that i can't. access. please help me i have a job i need to survive 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I recently had trouble opening adobe photoshop because whenever I boot it, it opened a black screen instead. I had no idea how to fix this but I managed to get help from adobe team by going to https://helpx.adobe.com/au/support.html?promoid=RGJ8NLP8&mv=other and go to the top right where it says 'support' and click 'contact us'. From there, adobe team can help in any way shape or form. I hope this helps because I was struggling a lot trying to figure out how to fix photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same problem but i fixed it.

Go to  window>>workspace>>Essentials

if your essentials is checked, choose another workspace and check essentials again 

it should work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines