Highlighted

Photoshop blank dialog box always on top, won't go away unless PS is restarted.

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I've isolated this problem to 21.2.X and later. 21.1.3 does not have this problem.) When PS is running a process (such as a Save or a Batch), the dialog box is stuck on top of everything, even if I change the app focus. Here is an example of a batch process dialog box. After the Batch process starts running, the window goes blank but is stuck on top of everything until I restart PS.

This is a problem ONLY with 21.2.X and later. 21.1.3 does not have this problem. I had this problem BEFORE AND AFTER upgrading to OS X 10.15.6, so it's not an OS issue.
Any ideas?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop blank dialog box always on top, won't go away unless PS is restarted.

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I've isolated this problem to 21.2.X and later. 21.1.3 does not have this problem.) When PS is running a process (such as a Save or a Batch), the dialog box is stuck on top of everything, even if I change the app focus. Here is an example of a batch process dialog box. After the Batch process starts running, the window goes blank but is stuck on top of everything until I restart PS.

This is a problem ONLY with 21.2.X and later. 21.1.3 does not have this problem. I had this problem BEFORE AND AFTER upgrading to OS X 10.15.6, so it's not an OS issue.
Any ideas?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 21, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On windows 10 PS 21.2.1 I can switch focus between several applications and different and same display when I switch focus back to Photoshop the batch dialog is still usable I can click OK to run the batch switch focus to other applications and see the batch running under other windows. I believe you have a problem but it not one all have.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is on a Mac. Current OSX.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue... I just updated to 21.2.1 today, and it started happening immediatly. I run a batch process, then the action dialog box stays on top of everything else (blank) until I restart Photoshop. I"m also on the most current Mac OS. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. I reverted to 21.1.3 until Adobe fixes this problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too:

I am having an annoying problem that manifest itself when I run a batch in Photoshop. 21.2.2.
My batch dialog box will not disappear after it has finished and will stay in the foreground regardless of which other software I am using? and this morning the progress bar has decided to do the same.
I have reinstalled photoshop... no change
I have rebooted... no change...
any ideas???

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 08.36.10.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
mrshoffu LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too, thanks for posting.  as a heavy heavy batch user, this is irritating although it does go away when i quit and restart.  Running 21.2.2. on a mac.  Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0