• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop broken with mac M1 and 22.1.1

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where do I start? v22.1.1 running under rosetta on mac M1. the subject selection tool will not find any subjects (just selects random areas of the image) if I use select and mask window and click select subject I get an error message saying no obvious object found, this in an image with a black subject on a green background.

Select sky and sky replacement tools both give progrm error.

The neural filters that did work before have been removed and now need to be downloaded but download never completes, just as it did two versions ago.

I also use the Beta version for Apple silicon and some of these things work in that one but many tools missing so I can't use it for my workflow. That version has also lost the neural filters and was not even updated !!!

I pay good money for these programs and with each new update they get worse.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are known issues using M1 macs and Photoshop.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html 

Until a native M1 version is released you can expect issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read the list of known issues with M1 macs but non of the issues I am having are mentioned.

The neural filters problem was also present in the intel version running on pre M1 macs.

Just hoping the native version comes soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The list provided is not a complete list - if it is working in the Beta, that means that it is being addressed and should be resolved with the native M1 release.

There have been other reports of downloading filter issues related to Big Sur and M1 due to the increase in MacOS security.

Hopefully the upcoming release will resolve.

Have you tried downloading the Photoshop update from 1/11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean 1/11

I have found a work around for the selecting subject, it seems the one click "select subject" is the problem as when I use the object selection tool and draw roughly round the subject it gets it spot on.

Also fixed the neural filters by copying from my laptop and pasting them into the gallery plugin folder.

It's a learning curve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22.1.1 was released this week (Jan 11).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok got it now. Yes I did get that update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue after 22.2 update. Remarcable. I have to do masking with my 2012 MBP...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm absolutely astounded that this is still an issue, and that it's happening at all. After 10 years using my beefed up imac and ignoring the incompatibility warnings from photoshop for the graphics card on that, I finally upgraded to a new mac studio. I've had to tick to open using Rosetta so that I'm able to create frame animations and render small gifs/videos, along with other things, I'm running the latest OS and Adobe suite and now I can't use the object selection tool on the same images I've been using it on without issue on my ancient imac! So it cannot be my image.

WHAT?! So many design studios use Apple computers I'm so mad.  

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 10.24.18 am.png

——— Mac Studio M1 Max • 13.6" MacBook Air M2 • with latest MacOS + Adobe software updates ———

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have Same Issue. Started When I Updated To Photoshop 2023. Now Even If I Install Older Version, It Also Has The Same Issue now. So Frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines