• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop brush is way too small even at 5000px

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The brushes and other tools are way to small when photoshop starts up, i need to scale up to 5000px but then it is still only the size of a pinky finger, not to mention the large lag it creates

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

How big is your file - pixel dimension?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big is your file - pixel dimension?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use 1920x1080 but it still does not work for smaller or larger dimentions

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried resetting the brush tool, or resetting Photoshop's preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nvm, thankyou for reminding me about pixels. i checked and it was on inches instead of pixel, i have no idea how it changed. anyway thankyou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change it I'm the preferences, or if you have the rules showing, you can right click on the ruler and change it from the popup menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also check in Preferences > Cursors what is set for Painting Cursors and Other Cursors. Usually Normal Brush Tip and Standard in Other Cursors works for most of the users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi my name is Marcus and I've recently encountered the same issue—the brush size is too small even at 5000px. I'm using a few custom brushes and it is difficult to work with because the vertical edges of the brushes show on the image when used. I am trying to get the brush to cover the entire image in one click but have not been able to find a solution. Hope someone can provide some answers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do the same thing...one click of a fog brush across the whole image which is 5500px

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issues does anyone know how to enlarge the brush size larger than 5000. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same question as ealier: what is the size in pixels of the document you are working with.

If you are on a Mac, is it only the outline of the brush that is too small, do check System preferences, and see if you changed the size of the brush cursor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok whayt size should the cursor be 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In System Preferences>Accessibility>View (? the first item on the left) select the cursor tab on the right area, and set it to "normal"

But this only fixes the outline that is bigger than the actual paint layed on screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines