Highlighted

photoshop brush not filling size of brush

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opacity is at 100% Flow is at 100% Hardness is at 100%

All of a sudden my brush is only filling about 90% of the area it should. It is like I have an inner stroke set on it.

This makes masking a real pain because I have to guess where my brush is going to cover.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff Arola | Adobe Community Professional

On the mac side go to Apple>System Preferences>Accessibility>Display and set the Cursor size to Normal.

cs.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

photoshop brush not filling size of brush

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden my brush is only filling about 90% of the area it should. It is like I have an inner stroke set on it.

This makes masking a real pain because I have to guess where my brush is going to cover.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff Arola | Adobe Community Professional

On the mac side go to Apple>System Preferences>Accessibility>Display and set the Cursor size to Normal.

cs.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 29, 2019 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system and version of photoshop are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried Photoshop 2018 and 2019 get the same results.

Using Mac Mojave 10.14.5

Reset preferences and still nothing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 0
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cs.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gold Star for you!

Thanks for the input. I figured it has to do with the imac settings somewhere.

You have no idea how much this helps and frustrating it is to know the answer is right under your nose but you cannot see it or figure out why, all of a sudden it does this.

Much appreciated.

Have a great day and great weekend!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2019 0
Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could have something to do with your Operating System settings. Recently in this forum someone else was having a similar problem and they eventually found a setting that was altering the magnification of their cursor. Look for settings to do with your mouse and/or Accessibility.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2019 0
Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wild guess, but is your brush on Normal blend mode? In the Brushes Settings Panel, do you have Wet Edges turned on?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wet edges was a nice guess, but they were not turned on. Tried turning them on, no change. Turned them off again and still no change.

Thanks for trying....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 0
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try uninstall/reinstall with the CC Cleaner Tool. Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

It's a little different than regular uninstall/reinstall. It has a little BAT file. The CC Cleaner Tool has solved a couple of glitches for me. I hope it works for you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the option but no success. Used the cleaner then re-installed photoshop. no change.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 0
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with all brushes or just some brushes? Are you using a hard-edge brush or a soft-edge brush?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All brushes.

Here is sort of an example of what happens.

Stroke is my brush size guide and then inner dot is how it prints.

I just bought a new imac so I am thinking it is somehow tied to that.

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 4.10.07 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 0
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your preference setting Normal or Full Size Brush Tip?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried both it made no difference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 0
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this doesn't help for now, but if it is an incompatibility with your new computer, you could submit a bug report to Adobe and hopefully they will address it. Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What size is your monitor? It may still be an incompatability with that. I know that when PS CC thinks my monitor is 1920x1080 all goes back to normal. If I use the 2560x1440 resolution the tools do the same thing for me as what you are stating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 0
Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you tried to reset the Adobe Photoshop preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset preferences no change in results.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 0
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morningmanak  wrote

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Have you resolved this yet?  I'm asking because another poster is reporting a similar problem just days after you started this thread?  Did you try resetting Preferences, and did that work?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither what you suggested worked and the Nvidia does not exist on the new Imac.

I tried reducing settings in preferences nothing happened. Disconnected my secondary monitor nothing happened.

Any other suggestions? I am using Photoshop 2018 but I checked Photoshop 2019 and get the same problem.

Help! Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 0