Highlighted

Photoshop Brush Outline Disappeared

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

I can't see the outline of my brush anymore, I tried everything.

- reset by brush tools

- reinstalled photoshop

- and toggle back and forth on caps lock

It only shows the crosshair.. I have no idea on what to do next..

can you help?

Hi JeppeVolander,

Sorry that you're having trouble using the Brush tool in Photoshop. Please take a look at this discussion Photoshop: My brush cursor is showing a cross instead of a circle (turn off CAPS LOCK) | Photoshop Family Customer Commu… and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Brush Outline Disappeared

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

I can't see the outline of my brush anymore, I tried everything.

- reset by brush tools

- reinstalled photoshop

- and toggle back and forth on caps lock

It only shows the crosshair.. I have no idea on what to do next..

can you help?

Hi JeppeVolander,

Sorry that you're having trouble using the Brush tool in Photoshop. Please take a look at this discussion Photoshop: My brush cursor is showing a cross instead of a circle (turn off CAPS LOCK) | Photoshop Family Customer Commu… and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 04, 2018 4
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JeppeVolander,

Sorry that you're having trouble using the Brush tool in Photoshop. Please take a look at this discussion Photoshop: My brush cursor is showing a cross instead of a circle (turn off CAPS LOCK) | Photoshop F... and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you checked this option in preferenecs

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2018 1
Advocate ,
Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So you go to the Preferences menu and choose Cursors, and sure enough, you’ve got Normal Brush Tip chosen as your preference, but for some strange reason, it’s not showing your brush size; it’s showing that stupid crosshair. Here’s the problem: Check your Caps Lock key. It’s turned on, and turning it on changes your Brush cursor from displaying brush size to displaying the crosshair. This is actually a feature to be used when you need to see the precise center of your brush. The problem is it’s assigned to the Caps Lock key, so every time you turn on Caps Lock when you’re working with type, you just temporarily switched your Brush cursor (or any cursor for that matter).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2018 3
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP already mentioned they tried toggling on and off the caps lock

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2018 1
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caps Lock works 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it doesn't. Not for everyone. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was having the same problem. I didn't even notice I had CAPs lock on!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WINDOWS+ Caps Lock, works in photoshop 2019

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2020 1